Monday, November 17, 2008

Yay!

I have been reading the ragamuffin gospel and it hit me...

Jesus accepted the little children even though they probably couldn'e even understand why they were accepted by Him. The Blind Man who had his sight restored didn't know anything except that he was blind and now he sees! These two groups had nothing to offer, not even an understanding what just happened.

I don't even have to have the right understanding about things in order to be saved! Jesus saved me and covers me with His grace everyday even though I cannot understand how or why!

I don't have to get it! I don't even know what I don't know but God accepts me because it is conditional upon his grace and love which is neverending! I don't have to try to get it! God's grace covers me no matter what!

I don't know! I don't have the answers! I don't get certain doctrinal stuff and I don't understand my flaws and I don't understand how everything works. I am a little kid with no merit, no understanding, just doesn't get it but I still get to sit on Jesus' lap!

I don't have to understand to receive Christ's love! I am free! Why am i trying to know everything? so i can be in control? because i don't trust? this is silly! I don't have to have the answers in order to experience God's grace and love so I'll quit trying to be perfect, quit trying to earn it, quit trying to receive correctly, and just take it all in! Then I'll naturally love God and other people and live a life of worship!

No comments: